22 Feb 2010

Some anecdotes

A friend in the rain

Last week I was walking home after playing basketball when it started raining very heavily. 'Oh no, I will get soaked before I reach home', I thought. I wish I had rembember to bring my raincoat.' But unfortunately I had left it at home.

How stupid of me! I always forget to bring it with me. Luckily just then a friend of mine passed in her car and offered me a lift. 'Are you hoing home? she asked, 'or do you want to go for a drink?' 'I think I'd rather you took me home', I said. 'If I don't change my clothes, I know I will fall ill, and then I won't be able to play basketball next week. And I have been practising hard for the las month.' I will wait for you to change if you like', she told me. 'I think it's time you relaxed for a change. You have been worring too much about things lately. And people who worry too much fail ill more easily. It's got nothing to do with the rain!'


How a hobby can make you angry!

Recently I decided to take up photography as a hobby. I like taking snaps, but I am not very skilled. My snaps are either a complete failure for technical reasons, or are just not very imaginative.

First I decided that to be successful, I would have to buy new equipament. Just then I had an unexpect piece of good luck. A friend who works in a camera shop said she could sell me a valuable camera. A customer had left it at the shop to be repaired, but there had been a misunderstanding, and it was actually for sale. I thought this was a credible explanation and so I asked her some more questions. She said she had had a agreement with the customer and he had thrown the camera at her because she disliked his photos!

Leaving a job

My oncle recently left his job in an advertising agency after a disagreement with his boss. He accepted his resignation but warned him that because of the economical situation, he might have to get used to the idea of being unemployed for a while. He thought that he was trying to make a point, but after he had made over fifty aplications to other companies, he realized that he was right.

Althought he is a qualify designer, he didn't receive any offers of a job. After that he tried working from home, but it was not very profitable. Then he became an employee in a fast-food restaurant, even thought his earning were extremely low. He wish he had accepted early retirement from his old job. That is what he disagreed with his boss about!

2 comments:

Laura Carrera said...

Oh Aridna! I did not know that you like photography! I really like it. When I have free time I like take my bycicle and go away thinking in any place and take photos from the nature or of my friends!
In the future I would like to have a good camera, but it means a lot of moneey! :(
CU tomorrow papelaja!(L)

Unknown said...

The Social Media from Dela Rosa for Content Creators workshop is designed for intermediate level marketing, PR and communication professionals, journalists, and educators who are interested in becoming strategic, skilled practitioners in social media content creation and distribution. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, fast paced environments. Class size is limited to 24 people to allow for hands-on, personalized instruction.

Post a Comment