4 May 2010

Final reflection

During first and second of Batxillerat, we have been doing a new project thought by our English teachers. This project consists on doing a lot of writings with the aim to improve our level of English.

To write some texts you must be original and to have some new ideas because at the beginning we have to do ten writings minimum. It supposed a big effort for all of us because we never did a project like that, where we have to write a lot. But time to time we get used of this project and, finally we achieved to get the improvement of our level as our teachers were waiting for.

First of all, this project helps us to be more fluent with our writings and to know which types of structure have the different typewriting. In my case, these writings help me a lot with acquiring new vocabulary and some synonyms to not to be so repetitive in my posts. Now, I think easier with new vocabulary that I have learned during these two years.

Also, I learnt a lot about new topics that I have never thought about like topics related with agriculture, the new technologies, physiologists, food recipes, laws… and I acquire new knowledge associated with Internet and how to post some video casts, pot casts…

Although this new project has a lot of advantages, it also supposes to us a lot of work in home and with that, time wasting with writing. It is the cause when we complained sometimes at the beginning to the teachers, and because the work that suppose second of Batxillerat, our teachers said to us to do only six posts.

Finally, I must be sincere and I would like to say that this new project help me a lot with the improvement of my English as in writings as in oral presentations and, mostly with my fluency.


1. My English progress from 2008 - 2010

During these two years doing Batxillerat, my writings have changed a lot and we can see these differences. We can compare my first e-mail to my teacher of 1st of Batxillerat with my last post in second of Batxillerat.

We can observe these differences, firstly, with the length of both posts: my first e-mail is very short compare with this post about why read books. Another very important aspect that I would like to comment it is about the new vocabulary that I learnt and also the structure of all my writings. I used to use a lot of new words that I acquired duirng these two years and also I learnt how to write all different types of compositions.

Related with linguistic arguments, I used to put a lot of linking words in my writings as in my writings in the blog as writings that we did in class. My oral and written fluency has improved a lot and I have more facilities in English matters. I'm very proud also for my pronunciation imporvment that I can observe in my oral presentations. We can see that comparing my second oral presentation of first batxillerat with my second that I did this year.

Definitely, I can see a personal development, for example, my maturity in my posts that has changes during these two years.


2. My English COMPETENCE in 2010

I did some oral presentations, podcats... and I liked a lot my first oral presentation that I did with Mònica because we prepared a lot the topic that we talked about.

Related with my best written evidence, there are more than one post that I like a lot, but here there is the post that I make the most writing it and for this reason I'm proud of it.

From my point of view, a good post is a writing with a good structure according to the type of the text, rich vocabulary and introduicing original and new ideas.

1 comments:

KST TEACHERS said...

Thank you for your helpful reflections. It has been a pleasure working with you!!

I wish you all the best!!

cheers

Post a Comment